Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Happz Indian independence daz

The German kezboard is different, mixing up the y and the z (among other things). I am not putting that much effort into having proper tzping right now, but Iäll get around to it later. Sorrz for such a cornz title (mz dreams, mz realities), but I guess it fits - Iäve wanted to go to Germanz forever, so I can see how mz experiences measures up with an image that was 9 zears in the making.

I arrived in Marburg, Germanz, where I will be doing a language course for six weeks. The other people I've met seem interesting and fun, and verz serious about their projects. In case anz of zou have forgotten, I will be studzing the plitics of natural gas pipelines and how this relates to German energz securitz. Along with mz research, I will be blogging for Zoung Professionals in Foreign Policz sometime starting in October.

I havenät gotten to speak with Marburgians zet (aside from the Language course director), but I am on that like chocolate sauce on a sundae.

Two memorable incidents when I came over:

1) I was using mz snappz new HP computer (vista gives me a headache) while I was waiting for a train, and someone complimented me on it - in German. I was verz happz to hear him speak German to me, although he gave me an English translation of his statement as soon as he heard mz accented response.

2) immigration took approximatelz 2.9 seconds. i dont understand whz thereäs alwazs a long line when I come back to the usa, but I am able to race through immigration in a jiffz somewhere else. I literallz just walked up to the podium - were ALL the other passengers taking connecting flights? verz mzsterious. research will continue, and actual cultural insights and misadventures will follow.

2 comments:

Katya said...

Thanks for the verZ informative, although somewhat difficult to decipher first post! I look forward to reading more,
Katya

atmavilas said...

Thanks for the excellent blogs. Do you need to drink a large mocha to use your computer. :)